Payment Data Tokenization
Use Customer Information Manager (CIM) to tokenize and store your customers' sensitive payment information on our secure servers, simplifying your PCI DSS compliance as well as the payments process for returning customers and recurring transactions.
Add-On Product: + $20.00 /month
Features and Benefits
Why should you enable CIM for your business?
- Simplify PCI Compliance – You are concerned with PCI compliance and protecting your customers' confidential information.
- Process Recurring Transactions or Usage Charges – You bill your customers different amounts or on different days each month, or only when the service is used. (e.g. utility companies or pay-as-you-go cell phones)
- Store Customer Data – You want to provide returning customers with the convenience of not having to re-enter their personal data every time they visit your Web site.
- Provide Payment Flexibility – Your customers can store multiple payment methods for repeat purchases.
- Save Multiple Shipping Locations – Your customers can also save multiple shipping locations.
How CIM Works
CIM supports customer profiles that include billing, payment and shipping information. Each profile is stored on our secure servers and assigned an ID that is used in place of all customer information. Each customer profile can include up to 10 payment profiles and up to 100 shipping profiles.
You can manage customer profiles and issue transactions manually from within the Merchant Interface, or integrate your Web site or other application using an Application Programming Interface (API). Additionally, in the Merchant Interface you can view and search for customer profiles as well as review a profile's transaction history.
Have a Question?
Monday through Friday, 6 AM to 4 PM Pacific time (closed major holidays)
New Hosted CIM Solution
The hosted CIM option further alleviates the scope and complexity of PCI DSS compliance. It provides a way for you to establish a hosted connection with Authorize.Net that allows the exchange of sensitive cardholder data to happen completely on our secure servers instead of your own. Your customers can enter sensitive data directly onto Authorize.Net-hosted pages without leaving your website.
There are three ways to implement the hosted CIM solution:
- Re-direct the customer to an Authorize.Net hosted page to manage payments and shipping all on one page.
- Open the Authorize.Net hosted page in a lightbox popup on your web page so that the customer can manage payments and shipping all within one popup.
- Use an iframe to display the Authorize.Net hosted page within your web page so that the customer can add or edit individual payment profiles and shipping addresses.
Note: Integrating the CIM API to your Web site requires the expertise of a Web developer. The CIM API Guide can be downloaded from our Developer Center. Your Web developer will be able to assist you with integrating the API to any proprietary systems you may be using, setting up customer accounts with user names and passwords, or designing other means for matching a returning customer to their stored profile.
For more information on the hosted CIM option, please see section two of the CIM XML Guide and the CIM SOAP Guide. Please consult your Web developer for more information or find an Authorize.Net Certified Developer to help you.
FAQs: Customer Information Manager
Check out our FAQs for answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.