Below are the most commonly asked questions regarding the online application.
- What information will I need to fill out the online application?
- Do I need to create a Login ID and Password?
- What if I have additional questions during the online application process?
- What happens once the application has been submitted?
When applying for a gateway account:
- What do I select for the question, "What is the primary sales channel for your business?"?
- What do I select for the question, "What services would you like to apply for?"?
If you're applying for a merchant account:
- What if I don't have a website URL yet?
- What should I list for the estimated sales?
- Do I have to open the Merchant Services Agreement, Guaranty and Disclosure links?
During the application process, you will need to provide the following:
- Social Security Number or Tax ID.
- Company information – name, address, phone, etc.
- Account owner's information – name, address, phone, etc.
- Banking information – used for billing purposes.
- Merchant account information – details of your existing merchant account (if applicable). If you do not currently have a merchant account, you can sign up for one using the online application.
Yes, you must create a Login ID to use the application. Click Create Login ID and enter your email address and a password of your choice. Then click Create Login ID again. You can now log into the online application using the email address and password you just provided.
If you have questions regarding any page or section of the application, you can click the Help link located in the upper right hand corner of any application page. These help files are extremely useful and should answer any questions you have.
You can also contact your sales representative at 1.888.323.4289, Monday through Friday, 6 AM to 4 PM Pacific time (closed major holidays).
Once you have completed and submitted the application, Authorize.Net will review the provided information and contact you directly concerning your account. If at any time you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact your sales representative at 1.888.323.4289, Monday through Friday, 6 AM to 4 PM Pacific time (closed major holidays).
Most businesses accepting payments over the Internet should choose the "Card Not Present – Internet" option. If you are using a point-of-sale (POS) solution in a physical retail setting, select the "Card Present – Retail" option. Please keep in mind that you should select the primary option you will be using your Authorize.Net account for.
For example if you currently have a store front but are applying for an Authorize.Net account to expand to an online presence, you should select "Card Not Present—Internet." Please contact us if you need help determining your primary sales channel.
You must select "Payment Gateway." If you do not already have a compatible credit card Merchant Account from a financial institution, you should also select "Internet Merchant Account for Credit Card Processing."
Our merchant account partners must verify the product or service that you are selling. This can easily be done by reviewing your website. If your website does not yet show your products or you do not have one, please provide a copy of the product list or brochure that you use to promote your product or service to your customers.
Please provide a realistic estimate of your monthly sales and average sale amounts. Please make the monthly estimate based on the highest single month from your sales projections for the next six months.
Yes, on the Review Application page, under the Internet Merchant Account section, there are three links you must open and review before you can submit the application. We suggest that you open each link in a new browser window and keep each window open until you have completed the application.