Verified Merchant Seal™ Logo Usage Guidelines
Authorize.Net asks that you agree to follow a few simple rules when using our Verified Merchant Seal Logo (the "Logo"), which may be used online subject to the following guidelines.
You can choose to place the seal Logo anywhere you like on your Web site(s). The more visible the seal, the more likely it is to impact shopper confidence in your site. For that reason, merchants typically place seals on all their Web pages, usually in the footer area, including the checkout process. That way shoppers will see the seal if they enter your site via the home page or a product page. They will also receive further assurance during the checkout process when they are asked for credit card information, which could reduce shopping cart abandonment.
Verified Merchant Seal Usage Guidelines
- Authorize.Net provides Web code for displaying the online Logo. The code references the appropriate Logo image that is stored on our Web servers for display on your Web page. The code also contains a link to the Authorize.Net home page (www.authorize.net).
- You agree to display the Logo without alteration, modification, or misrepresentation in any way, shape or form, utilizing the Web code provided to you by Authorize.Net. The Logo image is the property of Authorize.Net and is subject to change. You agree to use the Logo only in an Authorize.Net-supplied or approved format, according to the guidelines set forth in this document.
- Authorize.Net reserves the right to approve or disapprove the use of the Logo on your Web page (size, surrounding text, etc.) to ensure that it complies with these policies.
- The Logo must appear by itself; it may not be combined with any other graphic or textual elements and may not be used as a design element of any other logo or trademark. You shall maintain sufficient separation between the Seal and other marks or content on your Web site.
- All rights in the Seal shall remain at all times the sole property of Authorize.Net, and all use of the Seal shall inure to the benefit of Authorize.Net. You shall not register or attempt to register the Seal or any other name, logo, trade name, domain name, trademark or design that is confusingly similar to the Seal, the mark Authorize.Net or any other mark of Authorize.Net.
- You may not use the Logo in connection with any disparaging statements about Authorize.Net or its products, or statements that otherwise reflect poorly on Authorize.Net.
- Authorize.Net reserves the right, at any time and without cause, to modify or suspend these policies and withdraw any permission granted to you to use the Logo. Authorize.Net reserves the right to take action against any misuse or unfair, misleading, diluting, or infringing use of Authorize.Net's trademarks or logos.
- The terms and conditions of the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal License Agreement are incorporated herein by reference. By using the Logo, you agree to be bound by its terms.