Virtual Point of Sale (VPOS)
Features and Benefits
VPOS is an easy-to-implement, easy-to-use, secure, and low-cost solution. Suitable for merchants of any size, VPOS is ideal for mall kiosks, doctors' clinics, lawyers' offices, trade shows, etc.
- Quick Setup – Our browser-based, hosted solution is enabled by simply plugging the swipe card reader into a USB port on your computer. For receipts, use your existing printer or a retail receipt printer.
- Risk Management – Sensitive data is stored in the Authorize.Net PCI-compliant data center, never on your computer.
- Secure – Unlike other solutions, VPOS maintains a locked connection between your card reader and browser, and alerts you if there is an unauthorized attempt to connect to the reader.
- Fast Checkout Times – Speed up checkout lines and improve customer satisfaction by authorizing credit card transactions in as little as three seconds.
Swipe Card Readers
VPOS-compatible swipe card readers can be purchased from a variety of POS providers for approximately $50.00 - $80.00. There are several compatible models.
- MagTek – Centurion model 21073075 configured to security level 2; and models 21040101, 21040102, 21040146, and 21040140.
- ID Technologies – MiniMag II models IDMB-335133BM and IDMB-335133M; and MiniMagDUO models IDMB-355133BM and IDMB-355133M.
VPOS is compatible with any standard 8.5" x 11" laser or ink jet printer. If you prefer a thermal receipt printer, we recommend the Epson ReadyPrint T20 and Epson TM-T88V Receipt Printer.
- Microsoft™ Windows™ 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7
- Microsoft™ Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
Have a Question?
Monday through Friday, 6 AM to 4 PM Pacific time (closed major holidays)
Virtual Point of Sale Case Study
With the simple addition of a credit card reader to an existing PC and wireless network, Vinyl Renaissance began processing virtual point-of-sale (VPOS) payments. Learn how this merchant grew beyond an e-commerce website into a new retail storefront, without the costs of adding phone lines.
FAQs: Virtual Point of Sale
Check out our FAQs for answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.
|"The advantage of VPOS is that we didn't have to add a larger amount of costly equipment. We could just use our existing computer, and I knew that would save us a bundle."||Dan Phillips, Vinyl Renaissance|